Elfboy - 1st March ~ Converted War Walker

Post your "Work In Progress" photos here.
Forum rules
Post pictures and discussions regarding works in progress here, please. If you have photos of these works when they're completed, feel free to post them to the right section and feel free to add the link in your post about the work in progress.
Elfboy

Re: Elfboy - 15th Feb. 2010 Slaanesh Cult of Noise

Post by Elfboy »

Demi_morgana wrote:so far so good :)
I'd glaze a torso with some brown / leather color to unify it with the whole model :)
I'm not sure I understand the purpose of the glaze in this instance. The front of his torso is supposed to be cream and quite distinct from the ruddy brown of his body. Is the glaze to tone down the cream and make it more like the darker browns or is it to smooth out the shading?
Last edited by Elfboy on 16 Feb 2010, o 01:59, edited 2 times in total.
Skrit
Needs more explanation
Needs more explanation

Re: Elfboy - 13th Nov. Hasslefree Oberon

Post by Skrit »

With a very light glaze you would tie the brown and the cream together a bit more as now they clash a bit as the cream is very harsh. You'd make that softer a bit...
mahon
Super Villain
Super Villain

Post by mahon »

Well, now these clashing colors make your Oberon look like some kind of Bambi or Rudolph deer... but you say it was your intention so I can see no problem, even though it's not what I'd do with this model...

Just don't paint ANY part of this model red, please :pray:
-- Mahoń

Back in the garage with my bullshit detector
Elfboy

Post by Elfboy »

mahon wrote:Just don't paint ANY part of this model red, please :pray:
Don't worry, I don't plan to :angel:

The plan was to make him look more deer than man, since that's how he appears to be modelled. I suspect others would paint him with human skin tones and brown or black furry lower legs, but to me that would seem odd... unless one obtained some other models to make a diorama of him changing form from stag to human, which would be kinda cool.
Elfboy

Re: Elfboy - 14th Feb. 2010 Hasslefree Oberon

Post by Elfboy »

Finally finished off the Oberon miniature. I've been a bit busy since my last update so I've not had much chance to do any updates. I have, however, got an Eldar Wave Serpent and half an Eldar Guardian squad well underway now in addition to the other in progress stuff. Work on the Slaanesh chopper bike progresses well too, but I want to do a little more on that one before I photograph it.

In the meantime, have a photograph, let me know what you think. I'm not planning to do any more to this miniature so I shan't be making any changes. The inspiration for his colour scheme is a Roebuck deer. The plants on the base are made from paper (tall grass), a Beast of Nurgle tentacle (the primitive flower) and some plastic Empire Halberdmen helm feathers (those big leaves on the base). I'm trying to do more interesting bases since they are a weak point of my miniatures.

ImageClick to see full-sized image
Nameless
The Better Choice
The Better Choice

Post by Nameless »

painting looks pretty good, but 'white glasses' effect is bit funny ;)
the base lets it down a bit though, not really convincing, and it resembles of jungle or swamp rather than a forest, which would be more appropriate for this mini.
Nameless Painter Blog
==================================================
Elfboy

Re: Elfboy - 15th Feb. 2010 Alaitoc Eldar

Post by Elfboy »

I just realised today that the Oberon miniature should have been posted in the Showcase section... ah well, not to worry. These two items are definitely works in progress, more to show I've been working on stuff since November 2009 than anything else.

First of all is this Wave Serpent, I've only finished that yellow stripe on the right hand side of the hull so far. The pictures don't show up the subtle freehand brilliantly, but I'm hoping that will change when the rest of it is done, if not, I'll see what can be done to improve it.

Next are these four old Guardians that I'm well on the way to finishing. The one on the top left is finished all bar his base and varnishing, the other three need more work. Quite happy with the colour scheme so far. Oh, and the Captain on the bottom right is a repaint, he was painted as an Harlequin which is why some elements (like his face mask) look like they do... the gold needs the most work on this one.

Elfboy

15th Feb. 2010 - Slaanesh Cult of Noise

Post by Elfboy »

Two things for you. First of all, my chopper bike is now finished, just got to do the base and the rider to finish it fully. Quite pleased with it so far.

Secondly, a new item for the Slaanesh Cult of Noise is this Rolls Royce Monster Truck. Vulgar, ridiculous and amusing in equal measure, the two toy cars I used to make it slot together really nicely. Since taking these photographs I've done the first fill and am waiting for the putty to dry so that I can tidy up a few bits on it and get painting. Sadly, I lack the suitable skills and component parts to make exposed suspension on this model, so some imagination will be called for on its undercarriage... however, all this filling work is improving my sculpting skills so it's not all bad.

Nameless
The Better Choice
The Better Choice

Post by Nameless »

pink...brrr.
RR monster truck looks like a perfect addition to orks army...
Nameless Painter Blog
==================================================
mahon
Super Villain
Super Villain

Post by mahon »

@Oberon - from the front the paintjob turned out really cool. The back is more boring though.
As for the face - the 'white glasses' effect makes him look as if he's been wearing goggles when riding a motorcycle so his eyes are the only clean part of his face

and I can't resist the feeling he's standing on aquarium floor, not in a forest...
-- Mahoń

Back in the garage with my bullshit detector