Neolis' Wip

Post your "Work In Progress" photos here.
Forum rules
Post pictures and discussions regarding works in progress here, please. If you have photos of these works when they're completed, feel free to post them to the right section and feel free to add the link in your post about the work in progress.
Neolis

Re: Neolis' Wip

Post by Neolis »

Gold of bracers and trying to get the fur to mach a real bear fur that I have here.
ImageClick to see full-sized image
ImageClick to see full-sized image
If it wasn't for the gutter my mind would be homeless.
"She bears the scarlet letter, her skin as soft as feathers, her demeanor tough as leather."
Gildor

Post by Gildor »

Looks very nice but photo is too small to tell more.
Neolis

Post by Neolis »

"She bears the scarlet letter, her skin as soft as feathers, her demeanor tough as leather."
Nameless
The Better Choice
The Better Choice

Post by Nameless »

the last pic doesn't look like a viking ;)

gold bracelets somehow take too much attention. very smooth, very shiny... painted well (better than silver metallics) but do not fit this mini. both in colour scheme and in 'fluff' - viking wouldn't wear gold things for a fight I believe. just my two cents.
Nameless Painter Blog
==================================================
arctica
Too fast for the rest of us

Post by arctica »

I agree with Phil, the gold although done very very well, it is far too bright and detracts alot of the focus from the model.

The last pic i like the upper back area done in red, it looks very good. :clap: maybe that is the front? :lol:
mahon
Super Villain
Super Villain

Post by mahon »

it's the same viking, he just take the coat off :lol:

I think the viking looks much better now. Not a fan of his red beard (rhe color doesn't look natural unless it's dyed) and I think it would definitely benefit from some highlighting...

The gold bracelets were the first thing I noticed. They attract most attention, but I think that's why you wear gold bracelets :lol:
Not sure if it was your intention though....
-- Mahoń

Back in the garage with my bullshit detector
Neolis

Post by Neolis »

Yeah the problem is the fact that the "gold parts" are to small to be a bracer or an arm guard leaving just jewerly left. They are thick enough I can probably put a design in them though. I paint gold TMP much better then silver but the armor is getting a few more washes and work ups so we will see. Then its on to the sword.
Nameless
The Better Choice
The Better Choice

Post by Nameless »

how about using less shiny bronze colour?
Nameless Painter Blog
==================================================
draconmagis

Post by draconmagis »

the gold needs some more balance is all possibly another point making three points of attraction most recommended on the legs or lower body to get the eye to move over the whole model and brighten up the silver on the helm

also you have allot of jewel colors in a winter environment maybe next time go a little darker and earthy or tint things in cool pastel colors (blue green purple)
Neolis

Post by Neolis »