Tomaz's WIP's

Post your "Work In Progress" photos here.
Forum rules
Post pictures and discussions regarding works in progress here, please. If you have photos of these works when they're completed, feel free to post them to the right section and feel free to add the link in your post about the work in progress.
mahon
Super Villain
Super Villain

Re: Tomaz's WIP's

Post by mahon »

ToMaZ, I see you paint again! Woo hoo! Few things could make me happier!
And although the fantasy guy is ugly, the Infinity model is really nice. Now go enjoy painting it! :)
-- Mahoń

Back in the garage with my bullshit detector
Nameless
The Better Choice
The Better Choice

Post by Nameless »

ToMaZ wrote:Thanks for the replies guys. I started by pushing the highlights a bit using Vallejo Ivory. But I don't know if it really shows on the pictures.
So far I like it, but I'm thinking about making some shadows a bit darker when the rest is completed.
I'd go with highlights to white... if you're not doing weathering, I think SF armour should have that clean, shiny look with strong light reflexes.
then you will see if darker shadows are necessary.
Nameless Painter Blog
==================================================
Skrit
Needs more explanation
Needs more explanation

Post by Skrit »

For a gaming piece it sure looks good! Heck, It's already better than tabletop level Imo! :D
Maru
Camera Expert
Camera Expert

Post by Maru »

hoh an old Pan oceania Model - painted in homey gold - thats mey berintresting :P
"GOOD RACK CAN MAKE A DONKEY ATTACK LION"
http://maru.worldblogcafe.com/
ToMaZ
Expects too much, too

Post by ToMaZ »

Again a little update:

I painted the torso + back area today. I then I decided to do one of the shoulders sanguine, shaded it, highlighted it and I didn't like it. I changed it to blue...repeated the shading and highlighting nonsense and again me no gusta... :x
Then I came to the conclusion that I'm an idiot, stripped of the paint and basecoated it again in the original colour. :doh:

ImageClick to see full-sized image
ImageClick to see full-sized image
Nameless wrote: I'd go with highlights to white... if you're not doing weathering, I think SF armour should have that clean, shiny look with strong light reflexes.
then you will see if darker shadows are necessary.
I don't really like the 'factory fresh' look but I understand what you mean. Two little doubts that I have about going up to white is;
First, it often ends up looking a bit chalky. Second, it might end up looking chalky.
Maru wrote:hoh an old Pan oceania Model - painted in homey gold - thats mey berintresting :P
Is it that old? Not that it really matters though... and about the honey gold, I might just paint a honeycomb freehand on it now ;)
---ToMaZ---

Try honesty...
Corvus
Guardian of Law & Order
Guardian of Law & Order

Post by Corvus »

good to see you're painting again