Griffin Stuff (Rackham)

Post your "Work In Progress" photos here.
Forum rules
Post pictures and discussions regarding works in progress here, please. If you have photos of these works when they're completed, feel free to post them to the right section and feel free to add the link in your post about the work in progress.
Edimasta

Griffin Stuff (Rackham)

Post by Edimasta »

It's been a long time since I've done anything related to painting... but now it's time to rise like a Phoenix from the ashes :lol:

I'm continuing work on my CO Griffin's - what I started is a showbase for my 300 Pts Army:

ImageClick to see full-sized image

And I started the Griffin Exorzist, very beautiful mini... I like it :) Especially the robe... doing it in the purple of the whole army. They'll all have purple // green robes. Looks kinda cool :D

So uhm... what do u think?
Trovarion

RE: Griffin Stuff (Rackham)

Post by Trovarion »

not bad. looks pretty good! we already talked about making the green areas a bit more uneaven, it will surely support the showbase. keep going, want to seeit finished ;)
Skrit
Needs more explanation
Needs more explanation

Post by Skrit »

I like the showbase but I think it's a bit too neat. Otherwise love to see the whole project finished. :)
Corvus
Guardian of Law & Order
Guardian of Law & Order

Post by Corvus »

I'd like to know what material that showbase is made of, and how you achieved such nice square holes :)
messiah_182

Post by messiah_182 »

I like the purple highlights. The snow base looks reallz promising :D Keep us updated!
mahon
Super Villain
Super Villain

Post by mahon »

The greeen thing on the base is strange - too flat and even for me.
As for the purples - they are good, indeed!
-- Mahoń

Back in the garage with my bullshit detector
Edimasta

Post by Edimasta »

Thx for your comments!

@Trov Yes, thx again for your idea!!

@Corvus Thats a simple picture frame. I glued the backside to it and fixed it with the metal pins that are in the frame. Then i used some cork and glued it... and then i took a square base, drawed it's measurements on the positions I wanted the minis to be... after glueing the hard work began ;) I knifed the holes out, and kinda scratched the cork out of the holes... if the base wasn't fitting I just scratched out some more.
And thats it - hope I could help you!!

@mahon Yeah I'll try to do the grass more uneven. It is already painted and highlighted, which doesn't show that nice on the picture.

Ok so... looking forward to get some more feedback ;)
And i'll continue the work ASAP