Once in a while I manage to "finish" a model

Show us your *finished* works here...
Forum rules
Post pictures and discussions regarding finished models here, please. If you have WIP (work in progress) photos, feel free to post them to the right section and feel free to add the link in your post about the finished work.
Hellspawn
Newsman
Newsman

Re: Once in a while I manage to "finish" a model

Post by Hellspawn »

Well, even if they're already "started", it doesn't mean they're finished so it's for sure ok to start a ToG ^^

As for the minis, blades on the rear of the bikes could use a bit of highlights (at least edge highlights using mithril silver or something to make it look like they're really sharp :) beside that, they're ok tabletop minis :)
ruanae

Post by ruanae »

Thanks guys. Will look into setting up a ToG thread for them, might be the motivation I need to finish the models I have.

As for the current lot, I will look at defining the edges of the blades a bit better, I think its just chainmail atm so mithril silver should work (not that I've ever been able to tell the difference). Thanks.

Now just need work out what I need to do to push it up to the next level... I think it might be more practise :)
ruanae

Post by ruanae »

Hello again

I realise I have been very quiet on here (real life has been getting busy with work and other things)

But I have managed to do some painting and even have got as far as "finishing" a model (in so as I consider anything finished)

So I present my "finished" High Elf Flamespyre Phoenix

More and bigger images can be found here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ruanae/set ... 873802314/

I'm really pleased with how the phoenix turned out, especially the flame effect on the wings. Plus it was fun to paint some reds and oranges rather than the blues, whites and greens of most of my other things.

Now I just need to decide on my next project!

Nameless
The Better Choice
The Better Choice

Post by Nameless »

long time no see! :)

the base could be a bit more interesting, don't you think?
Nameless Painter Blog
==================================================
ruanae

Post by ruanae »

Hi

Yeah I guess at the moment its a little plain. Its just the base that comes with the model. The problem I have is I've not even considered bases in anyway, so wouldn't really know where to start. Which is why the majority of my bases have some texture paint and a bit of drybrushing (like this one) if they have anything at all :(