Da Grot Revolt!

Show us your *finished* works here...
Forum rules
Post pictures and discussions regarding finished models here, please. If you have WIP (work in progress) photos, feel free to post them to the right section and feel free to add the link in your post about the finished work.
Roockie

Da Grot Revolt!

Post by Roockie »

Hello, i'm new member.
This my first entry, some conversed gretchin figs:
ImageClick to see full-sized image
and group photo:
Comments are welcome!
Maru
Camera Expert
Camera Expert

Re: Da Grot Revolt!

Post by Maru »

first of all Hello :)
secound what lvl of critique you whant - a polite 1 or full crritique + tips how to improve

atm i will tell that is cleean end that good - but i c a space to improve similary to NMM
"GOOD RACK CAN MAKE A DONKEY ATTACK LION"
http://maru.worldblogcafe.com/
Roockie

Post by Roockie »

full crritique + tips how to improve
Hmm, yes, i'd like to read all!
Maru
Camera Expert
Camera Expert

Post by Maru »

i whas counting sombody else will comment but looks like it will be me :)
Guns - they look like made from dusted plastic not metal - NMM is tricky as it goal is to imitate metalic in it shines - wich not always mean white , a metal got one or two wery thiner white blicks end just after reflection almoust black end thena mid tone gradient

another thing is highlights - ther is never to bright highlight end to dark deep shadow - point is proportion - depending on sculpt end light
70% mid tones 15% highlights end 15% shadows (or 60% mid tones end rest in iven parts )
end you got like 90% mid tones end 10 % highlights - no actual shadows just darker mid tones thats create a "Happy Hyppos" feel

collor that hate you is red - reds are just flat end yes thats quite hard collor to coup but by adding oposite color to red (green) you will get a nice darken color (mixing with black stright red gets oily dyrty color - but red + green end then darken by black = nice shadow tone for reds )

how to improve that :)
well iven reds can be highlighted with edge hilight (but not with white - unles it is lether / latex ) it is like that red end then you setch for brighter 1 - red + orange to create brighter red not orange end final spot on this type of higlights will be this red orange mix + yelow or white

other flaw is clean color - not in term of tech as this is good but in term of color - youbluue guy is just blue - no adicional colors in shadows / light - he is just milky blue , brown dud is just mudy brown ,
end so on - all they got difrent skin tone but same color o them - no color variation on skin or materials
end yes i know thous are thiny :) but all things mentioned above are possible

never les like alrdy mentioned thats nice clean painting end all gamers should be proud of such unit - but thats not comprttion winer ... or what whas your goal a TT ot competition mini or meybe other - you havens stated that end that make thing sease to comment :)
Roockie

Post by Roockie »

yes, all your comments is absolutely right.
I'm not so good in english, so to understand your comments, i've read them several times.
First of all i'm painting for gaming, and this determines all my technique. Sometimes i try to do something better but all that you said by you applicably to all my paintings. Its nmm, highlights and
all they got difrent skin tone but same color o them
If you give some urls how to make my skills better, i will be pleased.
Hellspawn
Newsman
Newsman

Post by Hellspawn »

Roockie wrote:yes, all your comments is absolutely right.
I'm not so good in english, so to understand your comments, i've read them several times.
Don't worry about that, we're a nice community of people from all around the world with english not specificaly as our mother language (and considering the big base of this community is from poland this is even more true) so if you don't understand something, or want more explanations, just go for it. Peeps here are happy to help so go and ask for it :) And if you have problems explaining something, try to explain it the easiest way, even if the words aren't the best ones, and remember, pictures are always better than a long story :)
Maru
Camera Expert
Camera Expert

Post by Maru »

ok as English is not mine native lanfuage i wil point you to some tutorials
http://massivevoodoo.blogspot.com/2010/ ... lours.html
about temperature
http://massivevoodoo.blogspot.com/2010/ ... order.html
this 1 is about light
http://massivevoodoo.blogspot.com/2009/ ... hadow.html
end another symilar
end this topic :
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=8191&start=10
im babling ther about skin end hue / light end such ..

Red color is totaly difrent topic ..
Demi_morgana
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by Demi_morgana »

hehehe, great bunch of lil' nasty f*ckers :D
welcome to the forum - hope you'll bring some more of these!

Hobby blog

Katoliku uważaj!
sea.man
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by sea.man »

I like the way you gave them such different looks. If you would give the skin same contrast as you did on NMM parts, it could more catch the eye.
miniatures painted:
2011 - 83, 2012 - 38, 2013 - 45, 2014 - 56, 2015 - 95, 2016 - 106, 2017 - 22
arctica
Too fast for the rest of us

Post by arctica »

I like the variation of each grot and done rather nicely. I too think the metallics will help but the skin is good.