Nameless in 2012

Show us your *finished* works here...
Forum rules
Post pictures and discussions regarding finished models here, please. If you have WIP (work in progress) photos, feel free to post them to the right section and feel free to add the link in your post about the finished work.
Nameless
The Better Choice
The Better Choice

Nameless in 2012

Post by Nameless »

It's about time to start 2012 edition of my evergoing painting quest :)

Goals for 2012 are simple - paint, paint, paint. Screw contests, voting, improving skills. I want to paint and have fun doing that. Of course, my standard approach of painting varied subjects will remain. Also, I do want to finish what's unfinished, get rid of my Hall of Shame blocking the painting desk. And, I do want to paint some gifts for my mates :)
and that's why I've started painting two completely new things, one for myself and one for e-bay :doh: I have a PADHD syndrome....
One of them is actually finished. It's an OOP dwarf bust from Tales of War range (new company in my showcase!). It started as a standard dwarf with some suitably dwarfish name I can't recall, but with every layer of paint and every page of a comic book based on Hobbit I read to my son it became obvious that it is not just any dwarf...

Here he is in all his glory - Thorin Oakenshied, son of Thrain, son of Thror - King Under the Mountain

ImageClick to see full-sized image

By the way, I laughed my ass off when I asked my 6 yo son if he knows who it is and got his reply:
Well, I'm sure it's not Robin Hood
Nameless Painter Blog
==================================================
Corvus
Guardian of Law & Order
Guardian of Law & Order

Re: Nameless in 2012

Post by Corvus »

I like the skintones, especially those on his right hand. My only comment would be his right eye, looks too much like the skintone.
Hellspawn
Newsman
Newsman

Post by Hellspawn »

nice start hehehe :)
arctica
Too fast for the rest of us

Post by arctica »

I agree with Corvus's comments the skin tones are the main focal point of this mini and done well. Perhaps some more colour to the eyes to bring them out a bit.

Great start Phil, and I think a lot of people lose sight of their main goals when doing things at times, so it is good that you know you want to paint for the joy of painting :) i need to get down and do some painting now.

But what i like most about this mini is that you have a story behind it and it is very personal and interesting. So the question is, are you painting Robin Hood next? ^^
endrem

Post by endrem »

I like it a lot so far.

I agree with the previous comments on the eye and I would add that maybe the transitions on the grey parts could be more smooth.

Other than that, exactly my thoughts and goals for 2012, so I wish you a lot of fun on the way to achieve them. :)
Nameless
The Better Choice
The Better Choice

Post by Nameless »

thank you guys
arctica wrote:So the question is, are you painting Robin Hood next? ^^
I'm sure it's not Robin Hood ^^
Nameless Painter Blog
Hellspawn
Newsman
Newsman

Post by Hellspawn »

Nameless wrote:thank you guys
arctica wrote:So the question is, are you painting Robin Hood next? ^^
I'm sure it's not Robin Hood ^^
Will it be a new version of THE MINI then? :lol: :lol:
Little Jimbo

Post by Little Jimbo »

General i like the feel and the colors of the "mini" but the scales on the right arm and the cloth on the torso needs more work as they seem only half done compared to the rest of the "mini" other then that i have to say great work.

Regards
Daniel
Nameless
The Better Choice
The Better Choice

Post by Nameless »

Little Jimbo wrote:the cloth on the torso
it's not a cloth, just part of the original "base" :)

anyway, I wanted to show you what I've finished yesterday. No, it's not Robin Hood :) It's a nice elf in 54mm scale from Andrea Miniatures. Some of you might remember it from 2006... ancient times... I started working on this model soon after my registration here. oh man, this model just haunted me for 5.5 years, sitting on my painting desk, crying for attention, waiting for some paint to be slapped on it...
and now, now it's ready. my painting desk will never be the same, but I can finally move it from my Hall of Shame! yay, what a success :!:
Only the base is completely new. Paintjob is a mix of new work (not much), corrections, revisions and additions painted between August 2006 and yesterday. that might also explain difference in quality between different parts of the mini, as well as general inconsistency. It doesn't matter, he's finished now and that's all that matters!
He needs a proper name...

Ithandir the Everlasting

Nameless Painter Blog
jason

Post by jason »

Off to a cracking start for the year :clap:
more pictures here plus the votes wouldn't hurt ;) http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/jason