K's litte beginer gallery

Show us your *finished* works here...
Forum rules
Post pictures and discussions regarding finished models here, please. If you have WIP (work in progress) photos, feel free to post them to the right section and feel free to add the link in your post about the finished work.
k_dash

Re: K's litte beginer gallery

Post by k_dash »

Hello
This is newest model. I know that the base is extremely simplistic but I have created this concept for my infinity Nomads. I went with a clean version of a corridor, that to me is more anime like than a dirty one.

Regarding the model itself I went and tired to do my best on it as if it was for a display model. thus my request could I ask for a very strict judgment on the model as if it was to take part in a contest.

Image Image Image Image

Kind Regards
K'
Dengoku o oidasareta denshi wa akuma ni narushikanai.
k_dash

Post by k_dash »

Hello,
This is my most recent project. As always constructive criticism is very welcomed.

Kind Regards
K'
Maru
Camera Expert
Camera Expert

Post by Maru »

no replays .. hym ...

infinity model
first off - base it could be way better - just mot white - meybe a dark marble or a rusty space base hulk or something - white looks unconvincig

painting - it is clean - thats good
but lacks sharp eye cathing elements and im not talking about red color - this will always attract atenxcion
- it is more of sharp edges highlight finish to - to show 3D of this armor

Dude on Horse
- ther is something bad going on with the face
Red looks nice
m not convinced by Horns on helmet and hors tail

and base - is thats a salt there ??
"GOOD RACK CAN MAKE A DONKEY ATTACK LION"
http://maru.worldblogcafe.com/
k_dash

Post by k_dash »

Thank You for the comment.

Regarding the Infinity mini. I will do my best to apply those comments on my next infinity mini which is the lizard. The fact that I chose for it a brown and red as the primary colours make me want to jump of the roof. :banghead:
I actually thought that this mini came out ok, until I made pics of it at this moment I noticed that I have a looong way to go with those minis before I can be happy with the way I paint them. Right now my brush control is the thing that discourages me from those minis, I just can't hit the spot that I want.

Regarding the due on horse. I actually build him out of spare parts I had lying in my bits box. I agree regarding the face but again this it the best I could do with the amount of space I had and my ability to operate the brush in a confined space.
As for the base, that is salt but I think that I will have to improve the outcome I was quite happy with it, but not any more. I think that I will spend the extra bit of time to make him just right.

Kind Regards
K'
Maru
Camera Expert
Camera Expert

Post by Maru »

ok a tip about using the brush - you don't need to use tip of bristel at all time - for edges - actualy the side is better then trying to use point and usualy missing - the side of bristel will just slide itself on Edges hihlighting them nicely

Face - meybe some well controled ink ??

Snow - you may buy ready to go snow effect , but Salt - well thats interesting idea
i actuly used as snow a baking soda, never tryed a salt due to it corrosive properties - but well hey i is alvays a first time :P
so if you gona experiment more with salt - crush this one you are using to a smaler crystals - for better effect - and mix it with gloss Vernish as medium - this should give an effect of glossy fresh snow or get you an effect of : sloppy and muddy wet looking
like on base below - jest a lot of glossy vernish into the mix
ImageClick to see full-sized image

o and try to randomize look of rocks - get some big ld brush and jut applay a random shades to the grey rocks .... duno how to describe - but plain grey rocks looks like concrete

maybe someone else explain this better ..
k_dash

Post by k_dash »

Maru,
I am in your debt for all the patience and the will to lecture me.
Yet again thank you.
K'

BTW :shock: You painted a cammo on that small mini. With textures like that do you first paint the texture and then shade with glazes?
Maru
Camera Expert
Camera Expert

Post by Maru »

http://studiomcvey.blogspot.com/2009/12 ... -camo.html

thats one of best Cammo paint in 28 mm scale tutorial

but in my case it is like :
look at camo you want to replicate - or design whole cammo from scratch on separate white paper
decide what color is the "main" color of cammo
paint whole uniform in "main" color - then shade it
applay rest of the pattern - then shade it again with glazes for final effect
- point is you may Highlight "main color" - you will not be able to do so with full pattern (not in 28 mm ) especialy if you are replicating something like multi camm or other made from scrach complicated pattern
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff14 ... troler.jpg - multicamm example
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff14 ... hawwa1.jpg - made from scrach
k_dash

Post by k_dash »

Hello,
this is my newest project, there are few thing I think that came out well few that I relay messed up.

and this is the model I was planning to present on husar.But life had other plans :cry:

Please feel free to comment.

Kind Regards
K'
k_dash

Post by k_dash »

Merry Christmas to all.
K'
Maru
Camera Expert
Camera Expert

Post by Maru »

06 Dec, 2013 - 19:41
ow and no answer to this date ....
i dont like SM in general not only your's :)
i c problem with cross eyes
and red over white looks caind of messy (thats actualy hard color combo to get right)

the other one - for this scale of ninature you need to go for iven higher contrast on the clothing
the oil paints are your frend in this manner