Scott Radom's stuff.

Show us your *finished* works here...
Forum rules
Post pictures and discussions regarding finished models here, please. If you have WIP (work in progress) photos, feel free to post them to the right section and feel free to add the link in your post about the finished work.
Skrit
Needs more explanation
Needs more explanation

Re: Scott Radom's stuff.

Post by Skrit »

Whoa, nice advancement mate!

The Grinhouse Games mini is awesome! (your painting is nice too! ;) :P ) But I think he would benefit from some rubble on the base and maybe more contrast. :)
Demi_morgana
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by Demi_morgana »

thanks for closeups!
not I can say with 100% certainty you made big painting progress - congrats!!! :clap: :D

Hobby blog

Katoliku uważaj!
ScottRadom

Post by ScottRadom »

Thanks guys!

Truth time, that flag and the star are decals from the flames of war 15mm stuff. I can NOT paint freehand. Much appreciated, and good point about the rubble on the base.
ScottRadom

Post by ScottRadom »

ImageClick to see full-sized image
This mini is really, really tiny. I bet he's not quite 12mm to the top of the robe! I won't claim I spent oceans of time on this guy. Less than two hours from primer to finished with the base. Some of the blends look a little rough too. But it was fun to take a break from some other stuff.

Now, I wanted to paint this guy's robes using the GW Foundation Charadon Granite and I shaded with Black brown and highlighted with P3 Menoth white. I find that with all the foundation paints lately I've been having real trouble getting smooth transitions. I don't wanna automatically blame the paint when it could just be me, but I am not having as much trouble with the Vallejo I use all the time. Anyone else have any of that trouble creep up with the foundation paints?
arctica
Too fast for the rest of us

Post by arctica »

I really like this, i think some of the hood area could do with a few more further highlights but i think having the whole model quite monotone works well. I think if his skin was shaded slightly with the grey colours you've been using that may have really made quite a difference. I find in general the GW foundation paints you need to really mix them up and add some water or else due to the high pigment content are really difficult to work with in my experience. But i don't generally use them much, only ever used mechrite and one of the grey's. Keep up the good painting matey.
Demi_morgana
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by Demi_morgana »

really nice work especially on such a small model! :D
is it hasslefree sculpt?

Hobby blog

Katoliku uważaj!
ScottRadom

Post by ScottRadom »

TY guys, and good point about the shading with grey. I might try that on an IG advisor guys I am workign on.

Demi! It's a Red Box Games sculpt. I really like Tre Manor's robes, I think he does the best robes around.
mahon
Super Villain
Super Villain

Post by mahon »

Excellent. Progress, progress all the time! You're getting better and better pretty fast!
Some more zenithal highlighting wouldn't hurt, but each paintjob from you seems to be better from the previous one...
-- Mahoń

Back in the garage with my bullshit detector
ScottRadom

Post by ScottRadom »

What a great compliment Mahon! Much appreciated.

I'm sure enjoying painting more and more every day. I walk away frustrated far less than I did when I started trying to get better that's for sure. It's been tough going from the quick wash and drybrush gamer style to trying more advanced stuff. It's always great to here someone see's some improvement. TY gang!
mahon
Super Villain
Super Villain

Post by mahon »

Drybrushing is nothing bad when you do it deliberately and not because you can't do anything more. :P
-- Mahoń

Back in the garage with my bullshit detector