Sgr works

Show us your *finished* works here...
Forum rules
Post pictures and discussions regarding finished models here, please. If you have WIP (work in progress) photos, feel free to post them to the right section and feel free to add the link in your post about the finished work.
sgr

Sgr works

Post by sgr »

Two of my recent works.

First one it's a small christmas project. It took me only 5 hours to cut, glue and paint it and I'm quite happy with the result.
ImageClick to see full-sized image

Second is general of my Demonhunters - its rather in game standard. I was very excited at the beginnig and planned to paint it as good as I can, but then I lost all of my energy and finishing was very painfull - only skulls, skulls, skulls and purity seals and skull again ;). Mini is very nice but not for painting. I'm proud of freehand at the banner (it's not so orange in reality), everything else could be better.
arctica
Too fast for the rest of us

Re: Sgr works

Post by arctica »

I like the necron diorama :D the painting and the effect on the walls add alot to the picture and atmosphere of the model. I think some dark shading would really make the model come out.

With your grey knight guy you have great contrast on the model but i think some of the features aren't defined as well as they could be. Maybe darkening some of the edges between objects and features would help bring it out some more. Also some smoother transitions would help a bit but i do really like his armour.
Demi_morgana
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by Demi_morgana »

yeah, I really like the first one! great idea :clap:
although I'd add more contrast on the necron to make it look more eyecatching :)

Hobby blog

Katoliku uważaj!
sea.man
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by sea.man »

did the diorama take part in winter contest at cytadela web shop?
miniatures painted:
2011 - 83, 2012 - 38, 2013 - 45, 2014 - 56, 2015 - 95, 2016 - 106, 2017 - 22
mahon
Super Villain
Super Villain

Post by mahon »

The first one really made me laugh. I think I've seen it somewhere before but didn't expect the author to present it here. :mrgreen:

The second one is missing one thing which could improve it quite a bit: Darklining or harder shading. It looks very pastel with so bright highlights but no shading to balance them.
Not a bad paintjob though...
-- Mahoń

Back in the garage with my bullshit detector
sgr

Post by sgr »

czlowiek.morze - yes, it did. Right now I'm working on entry for next Cytadela contest and trying to paint darkness - I like to keep saying this "paint darkness", it sounds so pro and cool ;).
Skrit
Needs more explanation
Needs more explanation

Post by Skrit »

Hey, thought the Necron diorama looked familiar! :mrgreen:
sgr

Post by sgr »

15mm Italian Tank - it's my high table top for such small minis (and yes, I love small tanks :P):

and desert table (it's quite big 1,7m x 2,6m, tank - from the link above is just for scale) - right now I'm working on some hills, maybe dried river and oasis to fill this deserted landscace ;)
arctica
Too fast for the rest of us

Post by arctica »

That tank looks cute ! :D lol, i like your colour choices, although are you going to put on any markings or emblems on the side of the hull? I think a little more definition in your painting would make it really outstanding. By that i mean darkening the shaded areas and borders. The table is done really well, the fact that there is colour variation across the whole board and you've painted the rocks separately. Good job, so will we see any battle reports from you? ;)
sgr

Post by sgr »

Yes, I'm going to buy some decals to add a picture of centaur (divisional symbol) at the side hatch and tactical markings, but first I have to paint and buy 4 more tanks and some other units (5 Semoventes and 5 even smaller tanks ;) ) - applying decals on all miniatures at once is easier and less time and resources consuming .
The tank has quite heavy shades and highlights (main color is Testor's Dark Tan highlighted with Tamiya's Buff and inked with GW old brown wash) - picture isn't the best and the model is very small, maybe that's the reason.
Battlereport... First I have to finish the whole army (I'm working on 117 miniatures of Italian Bersaglieri right now + 2 Tanks and 1 big truck with even bigger gun - but it's only half of the planned forces, I have to buy some artillery, more tanks and assault guns, more infantry and another big truck, so lots to do) and make some desert terrains, so maybe in six months? ;).