Durthen on Boar

Show us your *finished* works here...
Forum rules
Post pictures and discussions regarding finished models here, please. If you have WIP (work in progress) photos, feel free to post them to the right section and feel free to add the link in your post about the finished work.
Dargrin

Post by Dargrin »

This not the base that comes with the model. I thought I got the wrong one seeing that this is what they are advertising. The base that comes with it is a 40mm square.

I am not much of a sculptor but I built up the base with green stuff. I am pretty happy how my stump came out.
mahon
Super Villain
Super Villain

Post by mahon »

Not only the stump but the whole composition of this piece. The base adds to the model and doesn't distract from it. It's a great addition which is not too simple but also not overloaded. Just perfect IMHO.
-- Mahoń

Back in the garage with my bullshit detector
Dargrin

Post by Dargrin »

mahon wrote:Now the axe looks like stone - which doesn't have to be a bad thing, especially if that's what you wanted :) It's not bright and shiny enough for NMM, and the roughness and limited highlights make it look like stone.
I just had another look at this fig again. I think that part of the problem is that I don't use the right colors for my NMM.

What do you guys use for them? Brands and color names are required because I don't know them all (yet).
Nameless
The Better Choice
The Better Choice

Post by Nameless »

sorry about the unintentional mistake regarding the base.
Nameless Painter Blog
==================================================