GD Australia 2011

Golden Demons and all the other miniature painting competitions and events
Pandadosmares
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Re: GD Australia 2011

Post by Pandadosmares »

Im not a comunist Panda ;) :lol: im a chequered panda with only three parts :lol: :lol:
mahon
Super Villain
Super Villain

Post by mahon »

good job on those relictors BTW.
do you happen to have more detailed pictures?
-- Mahoń

Back in the garage with my bullshit detector
Mousemuffins

Post by Mousemuffins »

I've not received my models back from GW yet, but when I do I'll take some better pics.

Now as much as I was inspired by and appreciate bohuns work, they weren't the only lamentors I looked at, and I certainly don't feel I copied his work in any way. But they ARE lamentors, so will be yellow and will have chequered shoulder pads with hearts on them. :) Here's a couple of WIP pictures that I'm sure will highlight the differences in style and colour choice.

Pandadosmares
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by Pandadosmares »

Cool! now we can see better (thanks) they look cool anyway :clap: and congrats on the prize
Maru
Camera Expert
Camera Expert

Post by Maru »

yup difrent :) but we are conting that you wil show us a beter pictures of Finished ones - when you get them back from evil hands of GW :P
"GOOD RACK CAN MAKE A DONKEY ATTACK LION"
http://maru.worldblogcafe.com/
mahon
Super Villain
Super Villain

Post by mahon »

thanks for sharing :)
yes, they're different than Bohun's ones. but they're nice, too. congratulations.

now I am curious if GW will do them justice with their pics ^^
-- Mahoń

Back in the garage with my bullshit detector
Nameless
The Better Choice
The Better Choice

Post by Nameless »

mahon wrote:now I am curious if GW will do them justice with their pics ^^
see for yourself
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/conte ... d=15000025
Nameless Painter Blog
==================================================
Angora

Post by Angora »

Astoundingly the guy who cheated with Bohun's Dread has only been disqualified from the Vehicle category. It looks like his entries all stand for 40K single and diorama. That is very odd by my reckoning.
Admittedly I was up against him in 40K single so I feel more annoyed than I perhaps otherwise would.
I guess GW could prove the Dread but not the others. What are the opinions here? Should it be a "one model out - all out" policy, or should it be case by case as proof is available?
Nameless
The Better Choice
The Better Choice

Post by Nameless »

quite surprising...

here's an excerpt from the polish contest Hussar
1.Submitting an entry breaching the rules will cause disqualification of all works of the painter.
Nameless Painter Blog
==================================================
INTHEKNOW

Post by INTHEKNOW »

@ Angora and posters this my apply to.

I has come to my attention that there are accusations being made not only on this forum but on others. I would be very careful about making slanderous comments in public without proof. I can assure you this matter has been fully investigated by the event organisers and they have been in contact with the people who are actually involved.

While the Dreadnought in question was based on Bohun's painting style, and a tuition and feed back was given by him, it was not painted by Bohun.

To save any controversy, and with the agreement of all parties involved, the Demon for the Vehicle category was was handed back, and given to 4th place.

As he had not cheated he was able to retain all other Demons won. The person at question will also be able to enter next years GD without limitation.

However, if this isn't enough information for you I suggest that you either get in contact with GW AU directly or I'm sure you can contact Bohun by sending him a PM or finding the email from his site. Failing that please feel free to PM me.