Prodos Games

New miniatures were released? Spread the news!
przemo

Re: Prodos Games

Post by przemo »

I like the sculpt a lot! Would like to see some bigger photos
Hellspawn
Newsman
Newsman

Post by Hellspawn »

NAVARRO
Mr. Bug-Man

Post by NAVARRO »

Hellspawn wrote:
Demi_morgana wrote::curtain: I was drooling more over the fact the game is being reborn (again) that over minis :wink:
3D is a great advancement into the miniature conception world and allows not only to have more dynamic poses and more detailled minis.
This is all kinds of wrong claims in one paragraph. :roll:

Dynamic poses are design choices made on casting process/ material limitations and also depends a lot on sculptor competence. I fail to establish any relation between better poses in 3d than on other sculpting. Rackham and infinity some of the most if not the most crazy dynamic minis and are done traditionally.

More detailed minis is also relative of the casting process, Printers and plastics are still not there in comparison to metal, but getting closer... Just because you can see nice renders blowups doesnt mean it will translate on a mini, it all breaks down on printers choices ( check organic things for a good example on limits of some printers)

With that said the reason I dont trust 3d now is because you can have nice renders and when you open the box the printer screws big time and you have either meshed detail, printer lines etc.

Now to the topic in hand this is a step in right direction concerning crisp prints but have you looked at design choices so far? Torso and arms cutted in one line??? Yeah its going to be easier to cast independent parts but its going to suck when you have the final mini assembled and you have a weird gap on shoulders... this is where traditional sculpting and casting shines best... its called undercuts.

To sum it up a tool is only good as its user!

( PS- Since you like to tease Demi about 3d I'm going to tell you a little secret, the day that all previews/ new releases in a forum on miniature world are reduced to renders or concept art is the day I stop looking at that forum... I dont look at forums to have a artsy gasm... I surf them looking for minis because I want to buy the damn things so please show me them).

Speaking of Wyrd, that has to be the company that went from all types of goodness to major fail because of the reasons above, I look at wyrd today and its totally render crap... I dont remember the last time I have seen a mini from them painted and casted... That " great advancement" I pass.
Hellspawn
Newsman
Newsman

Post by Hellspawn »

3D conception doesn't mean that minis are casted with a printer, but well, it's up to you to like it or not. I bought recent minis from Wyrd, Raging Heroes and other companies that are doing 3D conception and I'm still amazed about the impressive results and how close to concepts minis were.
NAVARRO
Mr. Bug-Man

Post by NAVARRO »

Hellspawn wrote:3D conception doesn't mean that minis are casted with a printer, but well, it's up to you to like it or not. I bought recent minis from Wyrd, Raging Heroes and other companies that are doing 3D conception and I'm still amazed about the impressive results and how close to concepts minis were.
There are hybrids since the tools are evolving but you can bet your lucky hat that if it's small run resins the master starts with a print... Some don't clean masters ( thats why you see casts in resins, metals etc with print lines) Plastic is a different beast. So yeah the 3d printers do have a big part on what you get even if the final casts are obviously not prints.

Also it's not a "like or not" issue the reason I posted... I posted because you made some really bizarre claims which I find untrue.

But I will leave that maybe for another time since you choose not to address the points I refuted.

Back on topic, I like warzone and the process so far looks in a good quality path, I will reserve my final judgement after I see the actual minis.
Demi_morgana
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by Demi_morgana »

I should actually wait with the judgement as well:
After the I_SAW_THE_RAZIDE_O_o fever passed I'd like to see some more models casted.
I think the zombies look pretty solid and as for now - really do not like Alakhai (don't give a damn about other corporations).
Keeping fingers crossed.

Hobby blog

Katoliku uważaj!
Hellspawn
Newsman
Newsman

Post by Hellspawn »

arctica
Too fast for the rest of us

Post by arctica »

OMG ! this is awesome :D i love my warzone stuff !