Legacy Miniatures (Confrontation returns)

New miniatures were released? Spread the news!
NAVARRO
Mr. Bug-Man

Re: Confrontation Returns

Post by NAVARRO »

There you have 2 old R minis never released and that I never really appreciated the concept or the sculpt... I pass.
sea.man
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by sea.man »

Flesh golem has been released and is still available in some shops :)
miniatures painted:
2011 - 83, 2012 - 38, 2013 - 45, 2014 - 56, 2015 - 95, 2016 - 106, 2017 - 22
tremanor

Post by tremanor »

I am just wonderign how much of this will sell based on nostalgia or on the actual merit of what is released.
Skrit
Needs more explanation
Needs more explanation

Post by Skrit »

Me too, I feel we've moved on from the Confrontation days tbh...
sea.man
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by sea.man »

Skrit wrote:Me too, I feel we've moved on from the Confrontation days tbh...
but into what- Mantic, Failcast ;) Yes, there are some good new companies Studio McVey, Corvus Belli with Infinty, but I don't think now they get near Rackham.
miniatures painted:
Skrit
Needs more explanation
Needs more explanation

Post by Skrit »

I think it's hard to compare them really. Rackham had their own style but to me seems a bit dated. When Rackham was still alive and new stuff came out I regularly had that WOW sensation, now when I look at their range I can't stop to notice it's too cartooney for me and I've moved on from that. Of course there are some exeptions (Drunes mostly), Infinity and some others have not just copied a style but have tried (and succeeded Imo) to create their own touch. But that is MY personal view. :)
sea.man
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by sea.man »

Skrit wrote:But that is MY personal view. :)
of course, please don't feel offended! That is why we talk :)
I think I'm not that long in miniatures like you and I recently got this WOW factor when it comes to Rackham :D
miniatures painted:
Skrit
Needs more explanation
Needs more explanation

Post by Skrit »

Oh no worries mate. It wasn't taken personal, just wanted to explain my view. :)
ToMaZ
Expects too much, too

Post by ToMaZ »

I can only agree with Skrit's view on the matter. I like confrontation minis of old, but that's what they are; old. Nowadays I'd rather buy something from Enigma, Tales of War, Studio McVey, Kingdom Death, Soda Pop, etc... They all hava good quality sculpts and an own style, and at least with those the feet won't break off when I remove the tab :P ;)

I have a collection of CO miniatures that I like, and I don't need any more. I'll spend my money on different stuff :)
---ToMaZ---

Try honesty...
mahon
Super Villain
Super Villain

Post by mahon »

yeah, take early 2000's and you will see that Rackham was absolutely innovative, fresh and great (concept-, style- and quality-wise).
but now it's like almost 10 years later and they have great nostalgic/sentimental value, they're an important part of history of miniatures, but many new releases are just as much better/more interesting than them as Rackham used to be compared to other miniatures of the previous decade.

Time passes, things change, and even in the miniature hobby there are trends and fashions...
Rackham can either adjust (keeping its own personality) or not, but they're not as special as they used to be.

In the meantime many new players appeared on the field. Some disappeared, some remained...
Just recall Ilyad, Hell Dorado, Infinity, Enigma, Avatars of War, Tale of War, Smart Max, Kingdom Death, Studio McVey, Privateer Press, and many many others...
-- Mahoń

Back in the garage with my bullshit detector