Guild of Harmony

New miniatures were released? Spread the news!
sebastian

New Guild of Harmony Steampunk: Maria Poppets and Albert

Post by sebastian »

Hi everyone, the next release for the Guild of Harmony Steampunk range is finally here!

One of the rare heart-warming sights in the Clockwork Empire is that of Maria Poppets and her faithful companion Albert, almost seeming to float on air as they dance their way across the rooftops of New London searching out those in need of good cheer. Carried from place to place by changes inthe wind, the often-unexpected appearance of Maria and Albert is considered a good omen amongst the downtrodden citizens of the smokestack slums.

Maria Poppets and Albert come as a limited edition resin set, strictly limited to 350 copies. In addition, this 'holding hands and taking off" version will only be available in the resin: when the figure transitions to metal, each figure will be sold separately with an alternate arm/hand.

Now available at the Guild of Harmony online store

ImageClick to see full-sized image

Image and the GoH store: Image
przemo

Re: New Guild of Harmony Steampunk: Maria Poppets and Albert

Post by przemo »

Wow! It's so good! I love the number of details! And the idea is for that couple is just amazing! You sculpt better and better :clap:

But i found there also some little weak points of that sculpt:
-legs of the lady (just her shoes) looks like she stands on the flat ground and not fly. For me they looks unreal.
-the bottom side of the umbrella is just flat, with no texture. I know that it would be hard to sculpt texture on both sides of such a thin element but still it looks strange to me. Texture should be on both sides of the umbrella.
-left arm of the lady should be straight. If the umbrella has a power to take tham both from the ground, than it would look more realistic if her arm was straight - just as if the umbrella really pulls her to the sky.

Can't wait for more releases with fresh ideas from you! :)
mahon
Super Villain
Super Villain

Re: New Guild of Harmony Steampunk: Maria Poppets and Albert

Post by mahon »

I like Albert very much and Maria Poppets less so.
Still a very good mini but doesn't have the same amount of steampunk goodness as the previous releases (Tinker Belle and Dorothy?)

Good concept, solid sculpting, interesting and well done poses reflecting the movement of those two characters. But somehow it doesn't charm me so much as the previous ones.

Keep on posting your new models. This is one of the most refreshing miniature ranges I know.
-- Mahoń

Back in the garage with my bullshit detector
sebastian

[Guild of Harmony] Steampunk Alice and her Clockwork Rabbit

Post by sebastian »

Hi everyone, the next 32mm release for the Guild of Harmony Steampunk range has arrived - Steampunk Alice and her Clockwork Rabbit :)

Alice is a character of mysterious origin, seeming to appear from nowhere in the midst of a skirmish to tilt the course of a conflict one way or another, before disappearing just as quickly. Usually seen with her clockwork rabbit in tow, her true allegiances are unknown; all that can be said for sure is that her help is welcomed by those who receive it.

Steampunk Alice and her Clockwork Rabbit come as a 32mm limited edition resin set, strictly limited to 400 copies. Each copy comes with a hand-signed certificate of authenticity.

Now available at the Guild of Harmony online store

I actually sculpted and painted this one for the 'Crystal Brush' competition in Chicago, back in April - but it was always meant to double as part of the Guild of Harmony range, too.

Pandadosmares
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Re: Guild of Harmony

Post by Pandadosmares »

OMG another Alice.... :mrgreen: i want one :clap:
Nameless
The Better Choice
The Better Choice

Post by Nameless »

Sebastian, I merged few of GoH threads to keep all your releases in one place :)

As for Alice - is she running/jumping as suggested by legs and leaning position or is she just staying and watching that caterpillar on her hand.
I'm asking, cause doing both at the same seems quite difficult to do ;)

I love your sculpting skills, details are great. It just looks like you wanted to put too many ideas and concepts on one sculpt.
Nameless Painter Blog
==================================================
sebastian

Post by sebastian »

Nameless wrote:Sebastian, I merged few of GoH threads to keep all your releases in one place :)
Good idea, thanks for that! I will post updates in this thread, from now on.

The idea of the Alice pose is that she is 'sliding' off the edge of the base, sort of...like she is about to slide down the rabbit hole. Does that make sense?

I do take your point, perhaps there are a few too many things going on with this mini! That was a problem with the whole composition, of the base also...but I only realised this mistake later. Sometimes a simple, clear idea is best! :)
Nameless
The Better Choice
The Better Choice

Post by Nameless »

sebastian wrote:The idea of the Alice pose is that she is 'sliding' off the edge of the base, sort of...like she is about to slide down the rabbit hole. Does that make sense?
let me put it this way: part of this sculpt suggests dynamic movement (sliding, jumping, whatever), while other parts suggest more static and stationary position (taking a look at the caterpillar).
it's still a great mini, nevermind my nitpicking ;)
Nameless Painter Blog
Hellspawn
Newsman
Newsman

Post by Hellspawn »

Phil, you could imagine it this way, Alice is running and noticed the hole so she stops suddenly, thus she, being in some kind of weird position suggesting movement and immobility :)
Nameless
The Better Choice
The Better Choice

Post by Nameless »

:lolsign:
Nameless Painter Blog