Reaper Miniatures

New miniatures were released? Spread the news!
pae

Re: Reaper Miniatures

Post by pae »

I suppose I should have clarified what I meant when I said 'clean'. Trimming off the various mold lines and other stuff is more difficult on these than on pewter (or even resin, for that matter).
Pandadosmares
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by Pandadosmares »

pae wrote:I suppose I should have clarified what I meant when I said 'clean'. Trimming off the various mold lines and other stuff is more difficult on these than on pewter (or even resin, for that matter).
Must be the same material that SDE and soda pop minis are made, its hell to clean them up :?
Ariakas

Post by Ariakas »

Same goes for Dreadball, Zombicide or Sedition wars minis, it seems that the kind of plastic they are lately using in all those China produced Kickstarters is awful (and one of the reason why i now avoid them.)
Barton

Post by Barton »

Interesting, I understand the material is partially recycled PVC (stuff used to make white plastic waste pipes). I will try various methods to remove flash and mold lines (files, sandpaper, cutting) and see which is best and let everyone know.
Barton Stano
GameMaster of Pulp RPG using Hero System
Rat Rancher (rat ranching had better be fun, it sure ain't profitable)
learning to paint and sculpt
Lombard, IL USA
Pandadosmares
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by Pandadosmares »

i tried them all and they all suck big time, my personal test was to use them all (except files with large grain, they damage the mini) and go from knife to small grain sandpaper
Ariakas

Post by Ariakas »

McVey on his tutorial videos for the Sedition Wars minis literally cut the mold line with a super sharp blade (think surgery material, not hobby knife)...
I think that material is ok for board games figures, but really not for something that emphasize on the miniatures themselves.
Pandadosmares
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by Pandadosmares »

Ariakas wrote:McVey on his tutorial videos for the Sedition Wars minis literally cut the mold line with a super sharp blade (think surgery material, not hobby knife)...
I think that material is ok for board games figures, but really not for something that emphasize on the miniatures themselves.
yeah, no good for showcase/competition, since you need to spend too much time preparing the figure
Barton

Post by Barton »

Kickstarter Bones minis have a interesting "feature". The copyright is RAISED on the base. Another thing to sand if want them to be level (or use putty to level).
See the photo below (the color of the photo is off, it should be white plastic).
Barton Stano
GameMaster of Pulp RPG using Hero System
Rat Rancher (rat ranching had better be fun, it sure ain't profitable)
learning to paint and sculpt
Lombard, IL USA
Demi_morgana
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by Demi_morgana »

My Reaper model is Made in Texas! 8)

Hobby blog

Katoliku uważaj!
Nameless
The Better Choice
The Better Choice

Post by Nameless »

metal minis are cast in house :)
these new "bones" minis in china, though I think they have some plans to cast them in their own place too. or maybe I'm wrong?
Nameless Painter Blog
==================================================