Whats your favourite brush?

What good is a nice miniature if you don't know how to show it?
Cyberpaddy66

Post by Cyberpaddy66 »

I only have one good brush and the Mrs used it to wipe embossing powder off of a x-mas card she made :behead:

It's a W&N Cotman III 00 and I used it to great effect on the eyes of my sea elves, it's got a slight hook tip but that's ok as I will definatly try to get some more of them soon!
Getting back into the thick (or rather thin as in thinning my paints) of it, not picked up a brush in some time so this may hurt a bit until I get used to the feel of them again :doh:
Skrit
Needs more explanation
Needs more explanation

Post by Skrit »

I got one W&N brush and am so affraid to use it that's it's actually quite useless! :lol:
LadyEyes
the List-mistress

Post by LadyEyes »

I know, I'm a heathen, but I don't find W&N Series 7s all that amazing. I've tried a couple, and they both last about 3 months, while my other brushes that were getting less care last much, much longer. Soooo....

I tend to use American Painter brushes for my work horses. I like the Isabey brush I've got. My favorite, though, is Cheap Joe's Dragon's Tongue brushes. They hold a load of paint, but have a fabulous point.
mahon
Super Villain
Super Villain

Post by mahon »

W&N are rumoured to have decreased in quality. Still good enough for me and worth their price, but Ana said she prefers Raphael brushes. Very difficult to find here though...
-- Mahoń

Back in the garage with my bullshit detector
Demi_morgana
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by Demi_morgana »

Stefan also uses Raphael brushes

Hobby blog

Katoliku uważaj!
flagoon

Re:

Post by flagoon »

Demi_morgana wrote::curtain:
there was even a joke about french army in ww2:
-how many gears do french tanks have?
-5: 1 forward and 4 backwards...
:bonk:
And why do they have 1 gear forward? In case enemy attack them from behind...

And my favorite is:
How does the French battle standard looks like?
Withe cross on a white field...

Sorry about that. Couldn't help myself.

And as for brushes, I'm surprised no one mention Rosemary's. They cost 1/3rd of W&N and are very good in quality. I have 7-9 brushes from them and they keep point like a charm.

Here is the link, if anyone want's to try them: http://www.rosemaryandco.com/pure-kolin ... 77_84.html
Demi_morgana
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Re: Whats your favourite brush?

Post by Demi_morgana »

:lol:

Hobby blog

Katoliku uważaj!
mahon
Super Villain
Super Villain

Post by mahon »

never heard of these brushes. may try them when opportunity occurs...
-- Mahoń

Back in the garage with my bullshit detector
flagoon

Post by flagoon »

mahon wrote:never heard of these brushes. may try them when opportunity occurs...
It's not typical "no name" firm. Rosemary has quite good reputation on CMON (this is where I found out about them. Here is the link for the latest thread where people are recommending this brushes). I'm very, VERY pleased with them, but on the other hand, this brushes were my first high quality brushes and I never used any other Kolinsky.
djinn24

Post by djinn24 »

Winsor and Newton series 7, also playing around with the Di Vinci Maestro, heard some good things about them. I also ave started using some black squirrel hair brushes for gentle blends. Silver Black Velvet.

The Masters brush cleaner is my general every session cleaner and Winsor and Newton cleaner and conditioner for a good hard cleaning.