what do you buy from art stores?

What good is a nice miniature if you don't know how to show it?
Skrit
Needs more explanation
Needs more explanation

Post by Skrit »

Trovarion wrote:heard from US residents that they use "Testors Dull Coat" maybe an option...
I got two bottles of Testors from Tim (Tidoco2000) and I used some on an old model for testing and it really is amazing stuff!:D
LadyEyes
the List-mistress

Post by LadyEyes »

Trovarion wrote: it's called "Dupli Color Aqua Acryl" but I dont know if that's even available in the US.
:lol: I just got talked into trying Dupli Color primer by Deadmilkman/Wes. Except I didn't buy it at an art store. We get it at an auto parts store just down from the gaming store! :D Its great, but has lots of fumes. (more than my old primer)

Testor's Dull Coate is great stuff, but you have to be a little careful with it. You can't let the can get hot and then use it later, and you can't use it if it is humid at the time. It will frost or come out cloudy typically in both cases. I ended up going to Chicago GD with no final sealant on my entry because I finished painting late and was afraid it was too humid. :roll:
"I like gypsy moths and radio talk
Cause it doesn't remind me of anything"
scarabstudio

Post by scarabstudio »

I use Dupli Color too, thanks to the brushthralls (i have to buy at an automotive store also) Its great stuff. Testors Dull Coat is the best around imo :)

Balsa wood, plasticard, modeling epoxy, stuff like that. There is a store called Hobby Lobby in oklahoma that has art supplies and model supplies in the same store, pretty handy. Tell Cheap Joe i would buy online though, because its a hassle to get to the Hobby Lobby in Tulsa, 45 min drive.

Tyler