Water/blood effects

How to convert or sculpt a miniature? How to make a decent base or even a full diorama?!
metal_slug999

Water/blood effects

Post by metal_slug999 »

Hi all,

It's my first time posting here, so I apologise if it's in the wrong place.

A little while ago, I saw some basing a guy did for some Dark Eldar models that looked fantastic. It looked like he'd made a pool of blood that the models were wading through on top of the black plastic base. My first assumption was that he'd made it with water effects or similar materials, but I haven't seen any other examples or how to's of the same type of basing.

Does anyone here know of any methods to create an almost ankle-high sea of blood for each of my model's bases? Any feedback would be very much appreciated ^^

~Slug
Pandadosmares
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Re: Water/blood effects

Post by Pandadosmares »

metal_slug999

Post by metal_slug999 »

Thanks for the response. I'm not sure how that'd work for what I'm aiming for, though it's definitely where I'll start, so many thanks. I actually found the images of the DE in the end, though apparently my memory is severely lacking as there's not a single water effect used :P but still, if I can make it look more bloody than this, then awesome

http://bloodofkittens.com/rantineminor/ ... y-painting
Pandadosmares
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by Pandadosmares »

What are you trying to do a sea of blood? why not use GS to mold the blood then paint with reds and blacks then give a good coat of water efects
metal_slug999

Post by metal_slug999 »

Actually, that's a perfect idea. I'll give it a shot. Many thanks, Pandadosmares! ^^
Slawol
Perpetuum Mobile
Perpetuum Mobile

Post by Slawol »

Hello, Slug! Welcome :)

Water here --> viewtopic.php?f=22&t=6233&hilit=watch+and+learn.
Pozdrawiam/Best regards
Sławomir Borysowski

Let’s put a smile on that face!