How to... get realistic Water Effects?

How to convert or sculpt a miniature? How to make a decent base or even a full diorama?!
Edimasta

How to... get realistic Water Effects?

Post by Edimasta »

Hi guys!

I am trying around with water effects now... and tried the one from GW - really nice.

But now I want to go for more... I want to try something like realistic waves and splashes etc... but I think this is nearly impossible with the water from GW...

You guys can help me out?

How can I do realistic waves, splashes and stuff...?
With GS and then paint it... or something else?
Trovarion

RE: How to... get realistic Water Effects?

Post by Trovarion »

I'll show you my diorama making book next time! there's a nice example in it
endrem

RE: How to... get realistic Water Effects?

Post by endrem »

For that you can try the Vallejo Water Effects products. They are like solid gel, you can shape them with brushes or other tools. Requires some practice, though, to achieve realistic effects.
Hosea

Post by Hosea »

@ Trov, u are printing out a book? really? u mean a hard copy one? can I order it? I would love to buy one from u. It would be cool if I can show the book to the others, "Hey, look at this cool stuff, written by a cool guy and I know him." :lol:
LadyEyes
the List-mistress

Post by LadyEyes »

@hosea - No, he bought one that was already in print. I don't know which one he's talking about, though, so I can't tell you the title.

Edimasta - I don't know how it compares to other products, but Woodland Scenics also puts out a water effects product. I've done small waves with it, and it seems pretty good. I do know, from trial and error, that it reactivates ink and pulls it to the top through other colors of paint. Just so you know...
"I like gypsy moths and radio talk
Cause it doesn't remind me of anything"
Edimasta

Post by Edimasta »

@Trov
Looking forward to it!!

@Other Tipps:

Ok... I'll try this Vallejo stuff if I find it... and thx Lady for this hint - where do i get this stuff?
Trovarion

Post by Trovarion »

try the "Damage" ;) or the "Bunker" think it's the only two places in vienna that have Vallejo

EDIT: oh you meant the Woodland Scenics stuff... The "Spielerei" has some, but be carefull not to buy the water I told you about it's p00p...
Apart from that I have not been able to find Woodland Scenics in Austria....
Skrit
Needs more explanation
Needs more explanation

Post by Skrit »

I had a Woodland Scenics webshop link here somewhere, I'll look it up if you want?
endrem

Post by endrem »

Alternatively you can try THIS webshop. We had some orders from here already, they are nice with reasonable prices and postal costs. It is in the UK, though.
Edimasta

Post by Edimasta »

I got me the Woodland Scenics Water Effects for waves etc... and I think that was a good buy - at least I hope so 'cause 20 Euros is... far above what I wanted to spend ^^

Looks pretty thick and white, nearly like the PVA Glue from GW - just thicker. I'll try it today...

THX a lot for the hints!!