Carry case for paints in dropper bottles?

Everything from sanding and priming to varnishing!
Flagg

Carry case for paints in dropper bottles?

Post by Flagg »

Hey all!

I wasn't sure what group to post this under, apologies if there's a more appropriate place to to put this...

Years ago I purchased a large set of Games Workshop paints. This was back when they used the screw on tops for the paint pots (known at the time to dry out quickly). So, I bought a bunch of dropper style bottles, and "migrated" the entire set, labeled them and so on.

ImageClick to see full-sized image

But, I'm not too happy with this carousel set up... I really need something I can easily and quickly pack up and put away. The dropper bottles aren't "secure" enough in this setup and tip over, scatter all over the place, whenever trying to move this to store it.

I know paint sets like the Vallejo line come with a big carrying case sometimes, but wondering what other folks are doing for something like this? (The ones I've seen store the paints in a single "plane" so that you can't really see the colors without pulling each one out individually.)

Ideally, I'd like a carry case that not only securely stores the paints when not in use, but also "displays" them while being used, like it would fold open and stand upright so you can see the entire collection at a glance.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Matt
juszczynk

Re: Carry case for paints in dropper bottles?

Post by juszczynk »

Hi Matt
Are you trying medium case for miniatures ? In my opinion its good for safety transport your paints .
sea.man
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by sea.man »

maybe in shops with building materials like Castorama or Leroy Merlin you could find cases for tools and adjust them for your needs?
miniatures painted:
2011 - 83, 2012 - 38, 2013 - 45, 2014 - 56, 2015 - 95, 2016 - 106, 2017 - 22
Hellspawn
Newsman
Newsman

Post by Hellspawn »

I'll try to show you a pic of the case I have which I bought in Castorama and which I found just great
Flagg

Post by Flagg »

Pics would be awesome, thanks!

:)
Hellspawn
Newsman
Newsman

Post by Hellspawn »

Sorry, got a bit busy lately so couldn't post pics. I have them, I'll post them later today :)
Hellspawn
Newsman
Newsman

Post by Hellspawn »

So, here they are.
The case is pretty cool. It comes as the whole piece you can see but you can chose to just take the top part of the case (the one with the handle) or the whole thing that can be used as a trolley). On the top part, there are little spaces for the brushes, tools, and stuff like miliput etc.

The two top shelves in the top of the upper case can't hold other pots than the GW ones, others are too tall, though, to bottom of the case is really cool cause it can hold LOTS of Vallejo/PA/P3 pots. I removed them but there are movable separation (like on the pics of the middle case).
In the bottom case you have a middle case with various movable separations and then you have the bottom case in which you can easily fit an airbrush (or several boxes of minis). Case is cool cause you can lock it with keys and it's pretty strong. Iirc, I paid it 60€ but it's really worth it.

Anyway, here we go with the pics:

Flagg

Post by Flagg »

Wow, that's a heck of a case Hellspawn! :)

I'll have to keep my eye out for something like this. What kind of store did you buy this at?
endrem

Post by endrem »

Wow, this is the sickest mobile painting equipment I've ever seen! :) :shock: Respect. :)
Why I didn't come to this earlier... There has been a time when I had to commute from Monday to Friday jobwise to another city. It would have been great to have a case like this!
Hellspawn
Newsman
Newsman

Post by Hellspawn »

Flagg wrote:Wow, that's a heck of a case Hellspawn! :)

I'll have to keep my eye out for something like this. What kind of store did you buy this at?
Bought it in a tools/DIY shop (Castorama here in France, though don't think they have somewhere else). Cost 60€ iirc)